Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. It means that if you make a purchase through the links mentioned in this blog post, I may get a commission. I only recommend and link products that I personally like and use.
When it comes to spirituality and magic as practice, I don’t like anything that is very complicated. I love simple things that can be done anywhere. If you’re like me and rituals with multiple steps and complex rules are not for you, then welcome.
I want to share my Full Moon rituals in case you need some extra inspiration and are looking for something simple yet powerful.
Simple Full Moon rituals
You can do these Full Moon rituals on the same day, spread them throughout a few days before the Full Moon or just focus on 2 or 3 items. It’s up to you but listen to your intuition and choose something that is close to your heart.
- Moon water. All you need to do is put a bottle with water outside or on the windowsill so that the bottle faces the Moon, and let it sit there until the sunrise. Then put it in a dark place, don’t let it sit under the sun. You can use this water for cleaning, watering the flowers, cooking, drinking, making sprays, etc. I love to use the water that I can later drink, so I avoid tap water. I keep the bottle with Full Moon water in the fridge.
- Setting your intentions. Every Full Moon I write my intentions for the next cycle. Usually, it’s no more than 3 to 5 points that I really want or need to focus on. Make sure to be as clear and precise as possible.
- Tarot and Oracle cards spread. Another thing that I do almost every Full Moon is a Tarot or Oracle spread. Usually, I choose 1 to 3 questions and the mood of the next few weeks and do the spread. My favorite Tarot decks to use are Modern Witch Tarot, Everyday Witch Tarot, and Dark Wood Tarot (for shadow work), and I also use Moonology Oracle Cards. These are the decks that I use a lot in my day-to-day practice as well.
- Journaling. You can either write down how you feel or what you want, or you can art journal. Usually, I just journal about my feelings and expectations and things I want to let go of. But sometimes I am called to create something in my journal like a poem or an illustration.
- Meditation. You can meditate for 5 minutes or 35. I prefer a shorter guided meditation just to calm my mind down and recharge.
- Gratitude. I love to show gratitude and make a list of the things I am grateful for during the Full Moon. This is a perfect time to reflect back on the past few weeks and remember all the good things that happened to you and everything you’re grateful for. Even if these are small or ordinary things like having a cup of coffee in the morning, I still love to write them down. Write down about 10 things that made you happy or that you’re thankful for.
- Candle magic. You can either perform a spell or just light a candle and say your intentions. I love to light a candle and stare at the flames for a few minutes. I think about last weeks and what has happened – good and bad – and let go of everything I no longer wish to see in my life and call upon the things I want to welcome. Having a candle on the table while doing a spread or journaling creates a truly magical atmosphere.
- Sigil making. Making sigils or symbols is extremely easy and there are various methods to do so. I love making sigils if I have to let go of something or need to invite something new into my life. The full Moon is a perfect time for sigil magic since you can charge your sigil under the Full Moon to activate it. Check out YouTube for videos on how to make sigils. This is a very fun and interesting practice.
- Moon and stargazing. I love to do that to recharge or to get more energy and “power” from the moon and the Universe. There is truly something special in the night sky and I loved looking at it since I was a child. If you can sit outside and witness the beauty of your world, it is even better. Afterward, write down how you feel, and what have you experienced during your time outside or while you were stargazing. Usually, I have many feelings and emotions, and creative ideas. So having a notebook nearby to remember them is important. You can also meditate while looking at the moon.
- Dance. Dancing under the Full Moon is so much fun. I feel extremely energized and it changes my mood completely. My favorite music to dance to is something mysterious and slow like Solita by Kali Uchis. Don’t think about how you look like, just move, or as Lady Gaga would’ve said “just dance and you’ll be ok”.
- Charge your crystals. The Full Moon is a good time to charge your crystals. I love to cleanse them before charging them. Make sure that whatever crystals you have can be charged by the moon though. Some crystals can’t be under the moonlight so make sure to check that before you charge your crystals.
- Treat yourself. Another thing I love doing during the Full Moon is having a little feast. Usually, I cook something that I love, decorate it nicely, and have a drink like my favorite juice or tea. If you’re not into that, get yourself a small gift. It can be a new notebook, face cream, or just some flowers. But make sure that whatever you get yourself is something that makes you truly happy.
As you can see all these things are extremely easy to do and you don’t need that many tools or even time. You can also do these simple rituals when you’re on the go or traveling.
Do you love to do anything special on the Full Moon? Share in the comments, I’d love to learn more.